It is the heart of Spotlight Ministries to encourage children to roll up their sleeves and search the very Words of God to discover the eternal treasures within. Rather than trying to give the kids a gold nugget of truth, we hope to partner with the parents and give the kids the tools to dig deep into the word and find more than a nugget.
- Know God
- Love People
- Serve others
The ways that we try to help the kids know God is by study of the Word The opportunities to grow by knowing God include:
- Life Groups (Sundays @ 9:00am)
- Pathways(Children’s Worship 10:00 am Sunday)
- W3 – (a 3 prong approach to Wednesday nights, 6:30 – 8:00)
The children’s ministry of Shelby Crossings believes that the Greatest Commandment isn’t just for people over the age of 18. The giftings and challenges for Christians apply to all who are in the family of God. The opportunities to grow by loving people include:
- Pathways – Kids are encouraged to “lead” worship and are included in the worship services.
- W3 – Students learn “how to” put faith into action.
The ability of kids to “serve others” is so closely tied to their lack of ability to drive a car, we rely heavily on the parents to be a part of this area of ministry.
- VBS – The mission project for each year raises money for a children’s ministry.
- W3 – Kids are given the challenge to take their biblical knowledge and put “feet” on it in order to be a benefit to their family, community, and schools.
An age appropriate study of the Word of God. Life Groups give children the opportunity to grow together with friends their own age and learn more about God. Life Groups meet at 9:00am in Building A.
Pathways is an upbeat, interactive worship time for kids that encourage them to have a lot of fun while they learn how to apply God’s Word to their lives in the process. Pathways begins each Sunday Morning at 10:00am in the Worship Center with the adults for the music portion of our worship and then move to Building A for their own worship.
W3 meets on Wednesday nights at 6:30-8:00pm in Building A during the school year.
For more information on our Children’s Ministry contact Shellyn Poole.